Hot topic proposals
We have developed the opportunity to put forward a ‘Hot Topic’ session at the Annual Conference that was not submitted through the usual abstract system. Abstract cannot be re-submitted if it was rejected in the regular submission process.
This session is meant to highlight topical research that may have been developed after the usual abstract submission system.
These proposals will be reviewed by the Conference & Events Committee on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the topic to the promotion of educational research
- Clarity of research question(s) and/or focus of enquiry
- Quality of the research (potential research)
- Significance for educational practice, policy or theory
- Topicality and timeliness (double weighted)
The number accepted is based on the availability on the programme. These will be given a 1.5 hour slot.
The main submitter must be a BERA Member. If accepted all presenting authors will need to register at the current registration rates.
To submit a proposal please complete the form online:
The deadline for submissions is 24th May 2023.