Summer SIG Convenors Meeting – 2017
The Summer SIG Convenor’s Meeting will provide SIG Convenors an opportunity to network with one another as well as liaise with the BERA Office.
New Convenor Induction/Refresher for Existing Convenors
- The role of SIGs and SIG Convenors
- Events / Role at Conference
- Communications and the use of the BERA Logo
- Your SIG Convenor Page – expenses, forms and guidelines
||Welcome and Introductions
- Annual Conference 2017 review and reflections
- The nature of educational thought regarding conference reviewing
- Successful/Unsuccessful notifications
- Hot topic proposals
- Annual Conference 2017 upcoming
- SIG Fair
- SIG Forum Meetings
- Annual Conference 2018
- Poster sessions
- Abstract length – CEC
- Reviewing criteria – CEC
- Making a difference
- How does BERA make a difference? (from our own experience)
- How can BERA make a difference?
- What does BERA need to do to meaningfully invest in the next generation of researchers?
Any Other Business
- Discussion around experiences of between event communications using social media, SIG newsletters and the SIG forum.
||Close of meeting
Back to top and register