How are successful schools measured? By being judged ‘1’ by Ofsted? By excellent SATs or A-level results in a single year? By being popular with parents and having buoyant admissions? No. It is learning that holds the key to success for any... [...]
Educational Effectiveness and Improvement
– Provide an inclusive and accessible forum for educational researchers interested in issues of educational effectiveness and equitable improvement in schools and their communities, including new as well as established researchers;
– Stimulate and support collaborative, high quality research amongst SIG members;
– Prompt and co-ordinate communication between SIG members, key stakeholders and funding agencies with an interest in issues of educational effectiveness and equitable improvement;
– Raise awareness of research in educational effectiveness and improvement;
– Promote the conduct and dissemination of research in educational effectiveness and improvement;
– Enable collaboration between SIG members and educational researchers working in other disciplines on issues of common interest/concern; and create a point of contact for comparable groups within educational research associations internationally (such as EERA, AERA and AARE).
Latest SIG Content
This event is now fully booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive notice of changes in availability or similar events. This event will be a research masterclass consisting of four papers drawing on... [...]
The UK education systems are involved in massive reform programmes. These developments open up new opportunities for researchers to contribute to and learn from the changes that are going on. Yet, despite their commitments to get involved, many... [...]
Evidence-informed practice in classrooms (EPiC practice) is a growing issue for teachers in schools and interestingly a Google search on the topic gives a million and a half returns. Over recent years as those of us in the MESH (Mapping... [...]
When thought about at the level of the school or classroom, the self-improving school system involves teachers collaboratively engaging in evidence-informed practice to improve teaching and learning. With this blog I briefly explore what... [...]
Examining the representation of fundamental British values: What are the most prominent images used for display boards in the primary school?
It is observable that display boards are being applied widely by primary schools as visual representations for learning about the stated fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and... [...]