Postgraduate Symposium Series – South Coast: Practical Issues in Conducting Educational Research
South Coast Symposium:
Dr. Barbara Crossouard, University of Sussex
This event is now fully booked. To be placed on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BERA wants YOU if you:
- Are postgraduate research students (PGRs) or early career researchers (ECRs) in EDUCATION;
- Have PRACTICAL issues to discuss in conducting your fieldwork and in analyzing your research data (you can be at any stage of your research);
- Want to meet up with peer researchers from various institutions and share your research experiences;
- Wish to present your research in a less formal, SAFE, but ‘critical’ environment, and to receive feedback from experienced academics.
- Deliver a 10 minutes’ presentation on practical issues that you wish to discuss from your research project, in regards to your fieldwork or data analysis.
- Participate in discussions with peer researchers on a wide range of practical issues that researchers might come across in doing educational research.
The EVENT will:
- Run from 10 am to 16 pm (subject to changes);
- Provide lunch and refreshments;
- Invite experienced academics as discussants;
- Have a maximum of 10 participants for each symposium, to allow time for sufficient discussions;
- Offer travel bursaries of up to £75 per person for five applicants to each symposium.
BERA offer a limited amount of bursaries for BERA Student Members only.
- Up to 5 bursaries for each event are available for BERA Student Members to the value of £75 towards travel, and complimentary registration.
Once approved you will be sent details of how to register online. Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the event in accordance with our travel policies. You must not have previously received bursary funding from BERA.
To find out more about the BERA Postgraduate Forum visit: https://www.bera.ac.uk/group/postgraduate-forum
Other events in this series
South Coast Symposium
University of Portsmouth
14th June 2017
Bursary and registration Deadline: 7th May 2017
University of Glasgow
6th July 2017
Bursary and registration Deadline: 4th June 2017
3rd November 2017
Bursary and registration Deadline: 23rd September 2017
Back to top