Call for contributions: A special issue of Research Intelligence on Post-compulsory Education and Lifelong Learning
1 May 2019
BERA’s Post-compulsory and Lifelong Learning special interest group (SIG) has started the process of producing a special issue of Research Intelligence, BERA’s in-house members’ magazine, that will focus exclusively on this SIG’s area of expertise.
The SIG’s convenors, Matt O’Leary and Sam Jones, are acting as guest editors, and are seeking contributions on a broad range of topics/issues relating to post-compulsory education/lifelong learning research, theory and practice.
The special issue will feature between six and ten articles (of up to either 500 or 1,000 words in length), and the timeline for its production is as follows.
- Early July 2019: Commissioning of themed articles
- 11 September: Deadline for submission of themed articles
- 9 October: Deadline for copyedited articles (with all queries to author[s] resolved)
- 21 October: First typeset proofs sent out for review
- 4 November: Deadline for first proof feedback/corrections
- 25 November: (approximate) publication date of special issue.
The guest editors of this special issue are happy for anyone to contact them via email to discuss submission proposals, and hope that as many people as possible will take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to showcase some of the excellent work taking place in post-compulsory and lifelong learning.