New blog challenges the evidence on the government’s new baseline test in reception
4 May 2018
In a new article on the BERA Blog, the members of BERA’s expert panel convened to consider the viability of the baseline assessment for school accountability urge the government to think again: their current proposals are ‘not fit for purpose’ and threaten to become a wasteful and pointless exercise.
Read the blog in full here.
The panel will publish a full ‘BERA Baseline Briefing’ statement in June 2018. The panel’s members are:
- Professor Gemma Moss, UCL Institute of Education and past president, British Educational Research Association
- Professor Harvey Goldstein, University of Bristol
- Professor Pam Sammons, University of Oxford and senior research fellow, Jesus College, Oxford
- Gwen Sinnott, education consultant and past president of the London Education Research Network
- Emeritus Professor Gordon Stobart, UCL Institute of Education.