‘TEF what next ….?’ A HE SIG themed seminar
We hope this seminar will give the chance to explore and discuss the impact of TEF on pedagogies and other institutional behaviours (e.g. shifting policy and focus as a result of TEF results).
We are looking for any papers reporting on or reflecting on TEF since the first assessment round.
The list below is not meant to be exhaustive or exclusive and all ideas for papers will be considered.
- Changes to NSS and its role in TEF
- Impact of TEF and how to demonstrate it
- Teaching excellence from a global perspective, its role in performance measurement
- Paradox and problems around TEF and measuring teaching quality generally
- TEF and the commodification of HE – how it this affecting students as consumers? Are they likely to get deep learning if we as academics are making education easier for them to consume?
- TEF and its impact on access to HE
- Has TEF created changes in the management behaviours of HEIs
- What do students want out of the TEF (if anything?)
- Alignment between TEF and REF for 2028 – could this happen or are they incompatible?
- Subject level TEF: prospects for a more meaningful TEF?
Call for abstracts: Deadline 12th December 2017.
You will be notified by the 17th January 2018 of the outcome of your submission.
BERA offer a limited amount of bursaries for BERA Student Members only.
- Bursaries are available for BERA Student Members to the value of £50 towards travel, and complimentary registration for the event.
To apply for one of these bursaries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a 200 word statement on why you want to attend this event. Bursaries are offered on a first come, first served basis. Once approved you will be sent details of how to register online. Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the event in accordance with our travel policies. You must not have previously received bursary funding from BERA.Back to top and register