BERA wants YOU if you:
• Are a postgraduate research student (PGR) or early career researcher (ECR) in education;
• Have issues around data analysis to discuss that have arisen (or could arise) from your research (you can be at any stage of the research process);
• Want to meet up with peers from other institutions and share your research experiences;
• Wish to present your research in a more informal, safe, but ‘critical’ space, and to receive feedback from both peers and experienced academics.
• Deliver a 10-15 minutes’ presentation on approaches to data analysis that you wish to discuss from your research;
• Participate in discussions with peers and experienced academics on a wide range of issues that researchers might come across in data analysis.
The EVENT will:
• Run from 10 am to 4 pm;
• Provide lunch and refreshments;
• Involve experienced academics acting as discussants;
• Have a maximum of 10 presenters for each symposium, to allow time for sufficient discussions;
• Offer travel bursaries of up to £75 per person for up to 5 applicants to each symposium.
The BERA Early Career Researcher Network offers a limited amount of bursaries to the value of £75 towards travel for BERA Student Members only.
To apply for one of these bursaries, please email email@example.com with a 250 word statement on why you want to attend this event and why you need the financial assistance. Bursaries are offered on a first come, first served basis. Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the event in accordance with our travel policies. You must not have previously received bursary funding from BERA.