2019 BERA Masters and Doctoral Awards Now Open
1 August 2018
Every year BERA recognises academic excellence and rigour in research by a Masters of Education student and a Doctoral student. This underscores BERA’s commitment to developing capacity, advancing quality and methodological originality within the field of educational research.
- The applicant should be a be fully paid up member of BERA at the time of nomination and judging.
- The institution at which the student submitted their dissertation should have confirmed the degree awarded by 31st December 2018; i.e this award is awarded to education students who have completed their doctorate in the previous year (2018).
- A 1,000 word double page spread to be featured in Research Intelligence.
- A complimentary registration at BERA Conference 2019.
- A BERA Blog
Nominations will be scored by a BERA selection panel. The panel’s judgement will be framed by the following criteria:
- Research quality, including rigour, transparency and validity
- New area of research
- Methodological originality
- Significant conceptual or theoretical contribution to its field
- (Potential) impact for policy-makers, practitioners and other research users
To apply visit the link below. Your supervisor must send a supporting statement to accompany your online application.
The deadline for applications is 5pm January 12th, 2019