ECR Network Event Funding Scheme – Period 4 Winner
22 May 2019
The BERA Early Career Researcher (ECR) Network seeks to provide financial support to its members with one such offer being the ‘Event Funding Scheme’. The ‘Event Funding Scheme’ provides up to four grants (of up to £1000.00) per annum, intended to support early career researchers (ECRs) in the 24 months following completion of their doctorate. Specifically, the scheme supports such members attendance at non-BERA events that they consider will contribute to their continued development. The funding can be used for costs associated with conference registration fees, travel and/or accommodation.
We are pleased to announce the winner of period 4 of the event funding scheme is Natia Sopromadze, University of Wolverhampton
Natia will be using the funding to attend “Responsibility of Higher Education Systems: What? Why? How?” European Higher Education Society (EAIR) 41th Annual Forum, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands http://www.eairweb.org/forum2019/
Over the past year the ECR Network has awarded £4000 in funding to facilitate early career researchers attend national and international events
- Carmel Hobbs attended ECER 2018 in Bolzano Italy (You can read Carmel’s Blog about her experience here)
- Yuwei Xu attended AARE 2018 in Sydney, Australia
- Nozomi Sakata attended Comparative and International Education Society conference in San Francisco, USA and also will attend the Japan Comparative Education Society conference
PERIOD 1 of the 2019-2020 Scheme is now open for applications.
- Applicants must be within 24 months of the completion of their doctorate (taken as the date which they passed their viva)
- Applicants must be a current BERA member
- Applicants may be based in the UK or internationally