As a formal nominating body, BERA has been invited to nominate additional panel members for the REF sub-panel for education. This is specifically to address gaps identified by existing members of the panel which they have considered necessary to ensure an appropriate breadth of expertise and volume of panel members necessary for the assessment. The gaps identified by the panel are:
• Communities and education
• Lifelong Learning
• Alternative & Outdoor education
• Sport and Physical education
• Educational research impact in the voluntary/charitable sectors, and with communities
• Educational research impact in educational workplaces and on Continuing Professional Development activity
• Educational research impact in organisations that fund research and themselves seek to influence policy
• Educational research impact on government policy
The sub-panel particularly welcomes nominations of candidates from BAME backgrounds.
As the deadline for this round of nominations has now been made open-ended, BERA will consider nominations as they are sent in. We will follow a similar process to that used for the main round of nominations we made in 2017. Those seeking nomination should complete the form below and return it to email@example.com.
Throughout this process, BERA has been committed to nominating a knowledgeable, skilled, diverse and talented pool of candidates for membership of the Sub-panel, giving appropriate representation across the field of educational research. BERA has taken an inclusive approach to nominations but we should stress that once they are submitted to HEFCE for consideration, we receive no further information or feedback. Those who are successful will be contacted directly by HEFCE in due course.