Early Career Researcher Symposium Series: Ethical Dilemmas in Educational Research (Cardiff)
Dr Sara Delamont and Professor David James,
Registrations for this event are now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive notice of changes in availability or similar events.
BERA wants YOU if you:
- Are a postgraduate research student (PGR) or early career researcher (ECR) in education;
- Have ethical issues to discuss that have arisen (or could arise) whilst conducting your fieldwork (you can be at any stage of the research process);
- Want to meet up with peers from other institutions and share your research experiences;
- Wish to present your research in a more informal, safe, but ‘critical’ space, and to receive feedback from both peers and experienced academics.
- Deliver a 10-15 minutes’ presentation on ethical issues that you wish to discuss from your research;
- Participate in discussions with peers and experienced academics on a wide range of ethical issues that researchers might come across in doing educational research.
The EVENT will:
- Run from 10 am to 4 pm (subject to minor changes);
- Provide lunch and refreshments;
- Involve experienced academics acting as discussants;
- Have a maximum of 10 presenters for each symposium, to allow time for sufficient discussions;
- Offer travel bursaries of up to £75 per person for up to 5 applicants to each symposium.
BERA offer a limited amount of bursaries for BERA Student Members only.
Bursaries are available for BERA Student Members to the value of £75 towards travel. To apply for one of these bursaries, please email email@example.com with a 250 word statement with a brief overview of your research, stage of your research, indication of particular experiences that you would like to discuss and why you want to attend this event and why you need the financial assistance. Bursaries are offered on a first come, first served basis. Travel expenses will be reimbursed after the event in accordance with our travel policies. You must not have previously received bursary funding from BERA.
Other events in this series
Early Career Researcher Symposium Series: Ethical Dilemmas in Educational Research (Staffordshire)
22nd June 2018
Early Career Researcher Symposium Series: Ethical Dilemmas in Educational Research (Stirling)
University of Stirling
23rd July 2018
Early Career Researcher Postgraduate Symposium Series: Ethical Dilemmas in Educational Research (Portsmouth)
University of Portsmouth
7th November 2018
To find out more about the BERA Early Career Researcher Network visit: https://www.bera.ac.uk/group/ecrnetworkBack to top