BERA COUNCIL POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR ELECTION IN 2014
There are 2 vacancies on our Council.
1 position elected to the role of Vice President
BERA Vice President
The Vice President elected this year will serve as BERA President between 2015-2017. Therefore, the successful candidate shall serve for one year as Vice President (President Elect), for two years as President, and for a further year as Vice President (Immediate Past President). Their role includes:
• Help set the strategic direction of BERA through their leadership of Council;
• Ensure this strategic direction is consistent across the main governance institutions of the association;
• Be the primary external voice and representative for BERA;
• Chair Council, GPC and Officers meetings;
• Oversee the management of the BERA Office through the Executive Director;
• Work with the Executive Director to ensure clear operational plans are in place.
BERA Council is the governing body of the Association and the members of the Council are, de facto, the Trustees of the Association as a registered Charity. The Council is the governing body of the Association and has ultimate authority and decision-making over all business including policy, planning and resources. BERA is a company limited by guarantee with registered company number 08284220 and regulated charity number 1150237. As such, any individual elected to BERA Council will be required to sign a declaration to confirm that they are not disqualified from acting as a charity trustee.
Council meets 3 times a year with one of those meetings being a residential Awayday. In addition to these meetings, Council members are expected to serve on a BERA committee which will meet up to 3 times a year. While we understand that other commitments and circumstances might prevent attendance at all these meetings, members of Council should be able to make a commitment of a minimum of 6-8 days per year to BERA activities.