Editorship of the British Educational Research Journal (BERJ)
BERA has extended the timescale for applications to be extended to 22nd October. The British Educational Research Journal (BERJ) is a journal of the British Educational Research Association. From 2013, it will be published by Wiley-Blackwell and is managed on behalf of the Association by an Editor or Editors, appointed by BERA and supported by an Editorial Board.
BERJ is an eclectic general education research journal which aims to publish the very best of educational research from both the UK and internationally representing the full range of substantive interests, methodologies and theoretical approaches. BERJ is managed on behalf of BERA by an Editor or Editors, appointed by BERA Academic Publications Committee, and supported by an Editorial Board. The Editors will normally be appointed for three years in the first instance but, by mutual consent, may be offered an extension of a further three year contract.
The BERJ Editorial Team has the following responsibilities and will maintain the aims of the journal, namely:
• International excellence;
• Broad intellectual remit;
• Broad range of methodologies;
• Transparent procedures for review and publication;
• Efficient and timely editorial responses;
• Full engagement of editorial board in editorial decision-making;
• Ensuring that book reviews are undertaken and managing this process;
• Publishing the BERA Presidential Address within twelve months of it being delivered;
• Promoting the Journal in the UK and internationally;
• Working with the publishers to ensure the continued success of BERJ.