BERA’s subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December
Ordinary membership costs £89 per year if you complete a direct debit form along with your completed membership form (as of January 2013).
However, direct debits are only taken once a year at the beginning of January, so if you wish to join BERA part way through the year you will need to provide an alternative method of payment. To avoid the £10 administration fee, you will need to send in a completed direct debit form alongside your payment for 2013.
Student, retired or unwaged membership
Student, retired or unwaged membership costs £36 per year if you complete a direct debit form along with your completed membership form (as of January 2013).
Student subscriptions are available to full time students and require proof of student status (e.g. a letter from the university).
Student membership is also available to part time students on low incomes, which also requires proof of status.
If you are unemployed or unwaged you may apply for the concessionary rate by contacting us by email.
To join download the application form and return it to the BERA office or email address provided on the form along with the evidence of your status.
Direct debits are only taken once a year at the beginning of January, so if you wish to join BERA part way through the year you will need to provide an alternative method of payment. To avoid the £10 administration fee, you will need to send in a completed direct debit form alongside your payment for 2013.
Block membership/Corporate member
Research organisations who would like to make new applications for membership for several of their staff may be eligible for an introductory concessionary Block Membership rate. Organisations that are not directly engaged in research themselves but would like to associate themselves with BERA on a Corporate Membership basis may be eligible for a special Corporate rate. Please contact the Office for details by calling 020 7612 6987 or email
Benefits of membership
BERA members are part of a vibrant, forward-looking community of educational researchers. By joining you can benefit from:
- Membership benefits worth over £500 per year.
- Discounted registration at our annual international conference and other events throughout the year.
- Access to our flagship, international British Educational Research Journal and its new sister publication, the Review of Education as well as a termly magazine combining research, policy and practice, Research Intelligence.
- Online access to our newly acquired journals, including the international British Journal of Educational Technology and the Curriculum Journal.
- Opportunities to win one of our innovative fellowships and awards.
- Membership of our special interest groups (SIGs).
- Free online resources on research methods including our internationally recognised Ethical Guidelines for Educational Research and The BERA Charter for Research Staff.
- Access to our innovative Insights publications, email bulletins on research news and our weekly newsletter.
- Specialist events and networks.
BERA reserves the right to amend membership benefits during the course of the year.
|BERA membership benefits||1.2 MB|
|Direct debit form.pdf||36.16 KB|
|Credit card payment form.pdf||20.81 KB|
|BERA membership form.pdf||62.78 KB|